Walkthrough of self-hosted host?

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I'm looking at the RawHttpProcessor, trying to figure out how some of this stuff works. Is this typical WCF setup that I just need to go read? Or are you doing something intentional? In particular, you set values on the pipeLineResponse in OnExecute, then return a new ProcessorResult. Is that just state mutation of some sort? Where do the responses in the object[] live? Why return an empty ProcessorResult? There seems to continue to be a lot of WCF ceremony going on, and I'm curious if it could be removed during future revisions of the new stack.

Ryan

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM

RawHttpProcessor was just an experiment and it turned out to cause more problems that it was worth.  The Processor concept is new to WCF so there is not much out there you can read on it, yet.  

The general idea is that you define what will be the input arguments for the processor and what will be the output parameters, if any.  In the OnExecute you always return a ProcessorResult object to indicate if the processor was successful or if there was an error.  If you use the ProcessorResult<T> class you can set the Output property to specify the output parameter of your processor.  So far I haven't actually tried using processors to set multiple output values.